Since being diagnosed with post-concussive syndrome last week, I’ve entertained myself in various ways. Here’s a sampling:
- Played 635 games of solitaire on the work I-pad. Sure, I know I should have been doing actual work on the darned thing, but I had to keep checking my vision and cognitive abilities, didn’t I?
- Investigated steps involved to legally change my name to include a middle name (Delilah, Rosalind and Sophia are the top contenders – except that naming myself for a moon of Uranus only sets me up for endless jokes from my boys)
- Spent hours admiring the unread selections on my Kindle for PC app, Kindle for Android app, and Kindle for I pad app (Vision too blurry still to actually READ for any length of time but the pretty bookcovers kept me quite entertained. ). If I live to be 100 I probably couldn’t read all the books I’ve downloaded. That isn’t my Kindle account, but I’ve noticed a few I wouldn’t mind downloading…
- Slept about twice as much as usual, which means I’ve probably slept about the amount that normal people sleep, and about one-eighth as much as my dog, Shelby sleeps.
- Pondered whether the career choices I made, and the ones I didn’t make, last week were the right ones…
- Learned to make pie charts because it was easier than learning to make decent pie crust – one thing at which I truly suck. (I also spent an inordinate amount of time trying to determine how “struck by person” and “assault” would be different. Maybe it’s just me?)
- Took the on-line audition test for prospective Jeopardy contestants. Yes, I did. I was curious to see how my addled brain would do…I was stumped on a couple of the questions (5o total, 15 seconds allotted for each) but I thought I did surprisingly well. For someone who didn’t even recognize they had a concussion last week. Even though I couldn’t remember if I had fed the dog or put on clean underwear (or any for that matter), I suddenly remembered the name of the host of Jeopardy from many years ago when my mother was the reigning Jeopardy queen – Art Fleming. I doubt anything will come of the on-line audition/test, but imagine the blog fodder if I were selected!
- That Girl Ain’t Right in Her Brain… (k8edid.wordpress.com)